Check the Score Check the Score

Thought you were dead bro!

With you hardly ever posting on facebook or any recent audio. Thought you'd disappeared dude.

Good to see you back, track sounds epic. Vocals are well mixed. That bassline and melody is disgusting dude. Love it!

Good job as expected from you :)

- SAS

Star Soaring (Trance) Star Soaring (Trance)

Simple but good!

Bassline is great again, drums are much better mixed this time. Kick needs a bit more punch here, nothing wrong with it. I'd just like to hear it have more presence.

Like my previous review. Try to make your drums more variant, adding extra claps or different hi-hat patterns. This will make it sound less repetitive.

This is mixed better than the other track, but the other track had more variation and a better structure. But since your mixing is better here, you get the extra .5 star.

5/5 on Vote as well. Great work man

Thanks!

Sun VS Moon (Trance) Sun VS Moon (Trance)

You weren't kidding. This is actually fucking sick. First impressions, the kick and bassline at the start are unbelievable. Unfortunately the clap is a bit LOUD from a mastering perspective and doesn't quite fit. I would have stuck with just a kick for a few bars before dropping to the hi-hat/claps.

The offbeat bass is nice, really sets the baseline on fire. But again, bit loud. The rumbling bass is what makes this style of trance music flow and shouldn't be drowned out. But it doesn't take anything away from the track. It's awesome.

I love the plucks, very good psytrance/dark melody that fits the song well. If you listen to the final part of the song with everything together, you'll see the drums are a bit loud! They should be a little quieter, maybe a bit more complex in terms of clap and hi-hat patterns. Even throwing a couple of extra kicks into a breakdown can make the difference.

I know this sounds critical, but I really had to listen hard to find problems with this track, it's absolutely amazing, and definitely your best yet by far. Take the points i've made on board and have a play around with the mastering and give me a message when you've improved them.

Excellent track! 4/5 (5/5 vote)

PhatBoiJ responds:

Thanks! I have recently begun trying to figure out how to get better at mixing, and so this track is the product of that!

I.Am.Your.Friend (final draft) I.Am.Your.Friend (final draft)

Pointless writing a review for critical feedback. Every song i've heard from you has been flawless.

Adrenaline Rise (Original Mix) Adrenaline Rise (Original Mix)

When this started i thought holy shit, this guy gets trance. Uplifting bassline as it should be, (I'd have put it an octave lower) drums are mastered almost perfectly. A little reverb on the bass would have helped it sound less dry in the opening. The sound effects building up to 2:20 are awesome, definitely trance like (as i said you seem to get trance production)

It's the mastering that lets this track down, too many elements make it muddy and not enough EQ/Leveling/Mastering in general is used.

You have huge potential, i can tell this from this track alone. Keep it up dude.

4/5 on both scores

Chaoz Psytrance Chaoz Psytrance

Overall, not bad at all. Bit too fast IMO for psy trance. Bass is a little muddy but not a bad choice of instrument. Kick is good, some good power to it, but the hi-hats don't fit the song, maybe it's the tempo again idk.

Lead choices are excellent and they're mastered well. Conclusion: A good remix of an awesome song.

4/5 on both ratings

PhatBoiJ responds:

Haven't seen you around for a while! Thanks!

Odd Bliss Odd Bliss

So this is how you write a review. Just for future reference.

Start is good, i love anything that starts with a piano although i find it has poor EQ. When the drums kick in, they don't drown it out and the mixing of the drums is pretty much perfect. The kick has a lovely punch to it.

When the arp/pluck starts at 0:16 it drowns out the piano and wasn't a good choice of instrument, something a bit more subtle would have added depth and given the song a chance to build. I'm afraid from here it get's too muddy as far as mixing goes which is quite poor.

The song just then starts unexpectedly losing instruments before starting with the piano and pluck again.

Structure is poor, instrument choice was good but could have been better. Drums were well mixed.

3/5

ChiTx ChiTx

Very unique style which is good! too many people follow the main stream stuff these days.

Again like my other review, it's just all about your mixing :)

xturox responds:

Well thank you unique who knows now days but i try different stuff

M72417 M72417

I've give you a 5 to keep you up in the list.

Awesome ideas but you need to be mixing your drums better. The kick needs more OOMPH, the hi-hats are nice and the arps used are well mixed and fit together. Around 1:00 your hi-hats are a little loud but don't take anything away from the track.

1:35 the arp here is awesome and deep. I love that sound!

I can see you're pretty new to whatever software you're using (FL Studio isn't it?) you definitely have the ideas.. just need to work on the execution :) Keep it up!

xturox responds:

Thanks you and i am just playing around I'm still experimenting.

[Orbit] [Orbit]

Absolutely lovely composition, melodies etc and those plucks are my personal favourite point.

Lovely and clear, mastering is extremely well done.

Can't fault it :)